So, happy New Years Eve eve!
By the way, that was a question?
What IS on the way for 2012?
Now, as I’ve said before, my co-writer, mystic Mark (Williams), is the one with the crystal ball, so you won’t find much in the way of predictions here on this blog, more a review and reaction to what HAS happened, not what MIGHT. For all things digital publishing and spooky speculation, check Mark’s blog out. MWi.
But here, today, let me tell you what HAS happened in 2011 and what WILL happen in 2012.
- We were the only TRUE indie writers to make #2 in the Amazon (UK) paid store and #1 in Thrillers with Sugar & Spice
- We sold over 125,000 books in our first year of publication
- We set up MWiDP and now have over 100 titles from 40 odd cool writers live on Amazon
- We made #2 on Waterstones ebook chart
- We turned down two of the biggest lit agents in the US
- We accepted a French translation and publishing deal for Sugar & Spice from a forward-thinking publisher who listens
- We teamed up with some awesome people (Miriam Joy, Charley Robson and Elizabeth Ann West. Jeroen ten Berge & Athanasios to name but a few) who we are hoping to do more brilliant things with in the next year!
- We wrote and published 4 books
- We built (with the help of the brilliant Kristen Lamb) a social platform across several blogs, twitter, Facebook and every other social networking tool imaginable, that now reaches and connects tens of thousands of people
- We spent our lives in front of a computer (without which, none of the above would have been possible)
We did a lot of other things too. Occasionally slept, ate and saw friends and family, but not so much of that!
It’s been a blast.
So, what’s next?
- We will release Rapunzel in the first part of 2012
- We will release Saffina Desforges presents...Vols 2 & 3 in the first quarter of 2012
- We will release the co-written St.Mallory’s forever! in the first quarter of 2012
- We will release the first book of The Chinatown Mysteries, co-written with Elizabeth Ann West in the summer of 2012
- We will release Book One in our new dark, urban fantasy trilogy for Halloween 2012
- We will release Beauty & the Beast (book 3) and Little Red Riding Hood (book 4) of The Rose Red crime thriller series
- We will open our new indie world bookstore IBU (indiebooksunited.com) coming soon!
- We will release Vols 4, 5 & 6 of Saffina Desforges presents…
- We will continue to build and grow the MWiDP cloud sharing partnership
- We will fall out and disagree A LOT (Mark and I, that is)
- We might even sleep
- Indie writers CAN have their publishing dreams come true! #WW (theaatkinson.wordpress.com)
- Merry Kindle (*or insert the name of any other generic e-reader here) Christmas! (saffinadesforges.wordpress.com)
- Sugar & Spice hits Number two spot on Waterstone’s chart (saffinadesforges.wordpress.com)